Aus DGD Wiki
LED stands for Light Emitting Diodes. These diodes are small in size and utilized in multiple numbers to emit light. They are utilised for multiple purposes like lighting of lamps, bulbs, digital watches, remote controls, electronic appliances, growing flowers and plants, and so on. The little size of these bulbs enables them to fit easily into an electronic circuit. There is a long life and therefore are highly efficient sources of light. They are ideal for personal and commercial needs. In homes, these lights can be used for growing plants. The LED plant lights will accelerate the growth of plants inside the house. In places that there is lack of sunlight, these lights can be a boon for growing indoor plants, given that they assist in the process of photosynthesis. They have a wide application and could be used for automotive lighting, bicycle lighting, billboard lighting, display lighting, domestic purposes, flash light, railway signals, LED night lights, Christmas lights, strip lights, tail lights, decorative lighting, car lights, stage lighting, traffic lights, train lights, etc. The multi-utilitarian quality of these lights has made them global. As well as the other advantages like preserving environmental surroundings and saving cash. Here are some from the advantages of LED grow lights.
Advantages Of LED
� Efficiency - LED emits PAR light, i.e., photo synthetically active radiation, which offers greater efficiency and better results. When these lighting is used for growing plants, they accelerate the development because the wavelength of light that is emitted through them is what the plants need. Plants possess a specific requirement of wavelengths for conducting the process of photosynthesis. The traditional white light bulbs will not provide such wavelengths and therefore hamper the development. Not just that, the incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps will hinder the growth of plants. Incandescent lamps produce a lot more than 80% heat when lighted and therefore emit heat instead of light. This kind of heat can be harmful for the plants. LED flowering grow lights will produce light in the right frequency and wavelength. Moreover, the spectrum of red and blue light can be balanced for optimal results.
� Energy Conservation - These lights will save you more than Seventy five percent energy. This quality also helps in reducing the damage caused to the mother earth. If a light uses less power, it indirectly works well for saving the environment. The running cost of these lights is less than half of HID or any other types of lighting systems. They will use approximately 100 watts of power. Moreover, there is a long life and build up to 50 times longer than the traditional white light and lamps. The lifespan is as long as seven years. They are able to drastically lower your energy consumption and assist saving our natural resources. Indeed, indoor LED grow lights are excellent for domestic purposes.
� Less Heat - Since these lights produce less heat, they will not scorch your tender plants and flowers. They are warm to the touch and produce very little heat, and therefore enable you to grow different types of flowers and plants in one place. These lighting is good for plants that have high humidity requirement. Moreover, because it produces less heat, the plants will not require frequent watering. Another advantage of this light is that it will not warm up the room. Which means that you can save souped up that will be utilized by cooling systems for reducing the room temperature. These LED-planting grow lights operate just a few degrees above the room temperature.
� Zero Noise - These lights do not produce any sounds and therefore are absolutely noise free. Unlike the buzzing sound made by a fluorescent bulb, these LED lights are calm and quiet. They don't make any disturbing or annoying sounds.
� Cycling And On/Off Action - The possibility of burn out is very less as compared to fluorescent lamps or HID lamps. The frequent off and on action, which is called cycling can shorten the lifespan of a fluorescent or HID lamp. The second may take a longer period to restart. However, LED vegetable grow lights are ideal for objects and applications that need frequent on and off. Moreover, these lights will illuminate very quickly within microseconds.
� No External Damage And Deterioration - These lighting is shock resistant and will not burn out abruptly. Among the features of this light is 'slow failure'. The light will fail by dimming during a period of time, and it'll not get burned out suddenly. Moreover, it's not fragile just like a fluorescent or HID lamp as it is of solid-state components. They are not subject to external damage which is another reason because of its long life. LED growing lights don't contain any toxic material like mercury, that is commonly used in fluorescent lamps.
� Multi-Utilitarian Quality - The low energy consumption, low maintenance cost, and small size of LED lights have made them a multi-utilitarian product. It's wide applications and is broadly employed for visual signal application, illumination, indicators and signs, and non-visual applications like remote controls. It is sometimes utilized in sensor systems and it is used as movement sensor. An example of movement sensor may be the optical mouse used in computers. The wireless mouse utilizes a signal or radiation received through these LED grow lights. Not only that, it is also used as a light source for machine vision systems.
� Wide Variety - There are different types of diodes like Flashing LEDs, Bi-color LEDs, Tri-color LEDs, RGB LEDs, Alphanumeric LED, and much more. Each of them has features and characteristics.
There are several advantages of these lights, which is important to be cautious while buying them. The market is flooded with low quality products, which may not have the above-mentioned advantages. It is recommended that you should be wary while buying these lights. Search for products that come with warranty. Though the initial price of buying LED grow light might be high, it ought to be considered as an investment. In the long run, this light may have several benefits and advantages. Not to mention, the savings of natural resources as well as your personal resources.
Facts About LEDs
Here's some good to understand information about LEDs. Read some facts to understand more about the light emitting diodes.
- Plant Growth Results - LEDs allow you to grow several plants, flowers, and vegetables within your house. A number of them would include tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, roses, parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, orchids, African violets, etc. It allows to grow plants effectively and affordably, since indoor LED grow lights offer value for money. It also gives the option to pick the red and blue light according to the requirement. For example, blue light may be used to produce studier seedlings and will help in controlling sprawling, trailing, or aggressive plants.
- Excellent For Multi-Tier Gardening - As these lights are lightweight and small in dimensions, they can be used for multi-tier gardening. Moreover, they're capable of delivering targeted high intensity light, hence will suit a multi-tier gardening system, which is usually built in a confined space.
- Increase In Plant Growth Rate - Whether you use indoor or outdoor LED grow lights, the development rate of the plants will increase drastically. This is possible because the photosynthesis procedure for plants happens round the clock. Unlike sunlight, which is available for couple of hours in a day, these lights could be turned on during the day. This will boost the growth rate without stressing the guarana plant. The light could be turned on every day and night, and it will not damage the guarana plant. In fact, it'll accelerate its growth.
- Red LED Light - The red and blue lights of LED will play an important role. These lights can be balanced for achieving optimum results while growing plants. Let's explore the functions and features of red light. It helps the plant in the process of photosynthesis and when you increase the doses, it further stimulates growth. You can expect quick flowering, seeding, and fruits. Plants will first absorb sore point for the purpose of photosynthesis. However, a mix of both red and blue light would be required for the full growth of a fruit or flower bearing plant.
- Blue LED Light - LED grow lights with blue color are helpful for vegetable growth. After absorbing sore point, the plant will absorb blue light and this light accounts for the health of a plant. Moreover, nowhere green lights convey more sunlight souped up that is required for the healthy development of vegetables.
- Colors And Wavelength - Blue and red are not the only colors that the LED will produce. There is a wide spectrum of colors with different wavelengths. For example, there is infrared having a wavelength of more than 760 nm. Apart from red and blue colors, there is orange, yellow, green, violet, purple, ultraviolet, and white light that is produced by these LED growing lights. All these colors has different ranges of wavelength that can be adjusted or balanced for best results.