Aus DGD Wiki
LED means Light Emitting Diodes. These diodes are small in dimensions and utilized in multiple numbers to emit light. They are utilised for multiple purposes like lighting of lamps, bulbs, digital watches, remote controls, electronic appliances, growing plants and flowers, and so on. The small size of these bulbs enables them to fit easily into an electronic circuit. There is a long life and therefore are highly efficient sources of light. Perfect for personal and commercial needs. In homes, these lights can be used for growing plants. The LED plant lights will accelerate the growth of plants indoors. In areas where there is lack of sunlight, these lights could be a boon for growing indoor plants, since they assist in the entire process of photosynthesis. They have a wide application and can be used for automotive lighting, bicycle lighting, billboard lighting, display lighting, domestic purposes, flash light, railway signals, LED night lights, Christmas lights, strip lights, tail lights, decorative lighting, car lights, stage lighting, traffic lights, train lights, etc. The multi-utilitarian quality of these lights has made them global. As well as the other advantages like preserving the environment and saving cash. Here are some from the advantages of LED grow lights.
Advantages Of LED
� Efficiency - LED emits PAR light, i.e., photo synthetically active radiation, which offers greater efficiency and results. When these lights are used for growing plants, they accelerate the growth because the wavelength of light that is emitted through them is exactly what the plants need. Plants possess a specific dependence on wavelengths for conducting the entire process of photosynthesis. The traditional white bulbs will not provide such wavelengths and therefore hamper the development. Not just that, the incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps will hinder the growth of plants. Incandescent lamps produce more than 80% heat when lighted and thus emit heat instead of light. This kind of heat can be harmful for the plants. LED flowering grow lights will produce light in the right frequency and wavelength. Moreover, the spectrum of red and blue light could be balanced for optimal results.
� Energy Conservation - These lights can help you save more than 75 % energy. This quality also helps in reducing the damage caused to the mother earth. If a light uses less power, it indirectly helps in saving the environment. The running cost of these lights is less than half of HID or other types of lighting systems. They use approximately 100 watts of power. Moreover, there is a long life and build up to 50 times more than the traditional white light and lamps. The lifespan is as long as seven years. They are able to drastically lower your energy consumption and help save our natural resources. Indeed, indoor LED grow lights are excellent for domestic purposes.
� Less Heat - Since these lights produce less heat, they will not scorch your tender plants and flowers. They are warm to the touch and produce very little heat, and therefore enable you to grow various kinds of flowers and plants in one place. These lights are good for plants which have high humidity requirement. Moreover, because it produces less heat, the plants will not require frequent watering. Another advantage of this light is that it will not warm-up the room. Which means that you can save souped up that will be used by cooling systems for lowering the room temperature. These LED-planting grow lights operate just a few degrees over the room temperature.
� Zero Noise - These lights don't produce any sounds and therefore are absolutely noise free. Unlike the buzzing sound produced by a fluorescent bulb, these LED lights are calm and quiet. They do not make any disturbing or annoying sounds.
� Cycling And On/Off Action - The potential of burn out is very less when compared with fluorescent lamps or HID lamps. The frequent on and off action, which is called cycling can shorten the lifespan of a fluorescent or HID lamp. The latter may take a longer time to restart. However, LED vegetable grow lights are ideal for objects and applications that require frequent on and off. Moreover, these lights will light up very quickly within microseconds.
� No External Damage And Deterioration - These lighting is shock resistant and won't burn out abruptly. Among the features of this light is 'slow failure'. The sunshine will fail by dimming during a period of time, and it will not get burned out suddenly. Moreover, it's not fragile just like a fluorescent or HID lamp as it is of solid-state components. They aren't subject to external damage and this is another reason because of its long life. LED growing lights do not contain any toxic material like mercury, which is commonly used in fluorescent lamps.
� Multi-Utilitarian Quality - The reduced energy consumption, low maintenance cost, and small size LED lights make them a multi-utilitarian product. It has wide applications and is broadly employed for visual signal application, illumination, indicators and signs, and non-visual applications like remote controls. It is sometimes used in sensor systems and it is used as movement sensor. An example of movement sensor may be the optical mouse used in computers. The wireless mouse works on the signal or radiation received with these LED grow lights. Not just that, it is also used as a light source for machine vision systems.
� Wide range - There are different types of diodes like Flashing LEDs, Bi-color LEDs, Tri-color LEDs, RGB LEDs, Alphanumeric LED, plus much more. Each of them has different features and characteristics.
There are several advantages of these lights, and it is important to be cautious while buying them. The marketplace is flooded with poor quality products, which may not have the above-mentioned advantages. It is recommended that you should be wary while buying these lights. Look for products that come with warranty. Although the initial cost of buying LED grow light may be high, it ought to be considered as an investment. In the long run, this light will have several benefits and advantages. Not to mention, the savings of natural resources and your personal resources.
Information about LEDs
Here's some good to understand information about LEDs. Read some facts to know more about the sunshine emitting diodes.
- Plant Growth Results - LEDs enable you to grow several plants, flowers, and vegetables inside your house. A number of them would include tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, roses, parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, orchids, African violets, etc. It allows to grow plants effectively and affordably, since indoor LED grow lights offer value for money. It also provides the option to pick the red and blue light based on the requirement. For example, blue light enables you to produce studier seedlings and can help in controlling sprawling, trailing, or aggressive plants.
- Good for Multi-Tier Gardening - As these lights are lightweight and small in size, they can be employed for multi-tier gardening. Moreover, they are capable of delivering targeted intense light, hence will suit a multi-tier gardening system, that is usually built-in a confined space.
- Rise in Plant Rate of growth - Whether you use indoor or outdoor LED grow lights, the development rate of the plants will increase drastically. You could do because the photosynthesis procedure for plants happens round the clock. Unlike sunlight, that is available for few hours in a day, these lights can be turned on throughout the day. This will boost the growth rate without stressing the guarana plant. The light can be turned on for 24 hours, and it will not damage the guarana plant. In fact, it will accelerate its growth.
- Red LED Light - The red and blue lights of LED will have an important role. These lights could be balanced for achieving optimum results while growing plants. Let's explore the functions and features of red light. It helps the guarana plant in the process of photosynthesis and when you increase the doses, it further stimulates growth. You can expect quick flowering, seeding, and fruits. Plants will first absorb sore point for the purpose of photosynthesis. However, a mix of both blue and red light would be required for the full growth of a fruit or flower bearing plant.
- Blue LED Light - LED grow lights with blue color are useful for vegetable growth. After absorbing red light, the plant will absorb blue light and this light accounts for the health of a plant. Moreover, nowhere green lights convey more sunlight energy that is required for the healthy development of vegetables.
- Colors And Wavelength - Red and blue are not the only colors that the LED will produce. There's a wide spectrum of colors with different wavelengths. For instance, there is infrared having a wavelength of more than 760 nm. Apart from blue and red colors, there is orange, yellow, green, violet, purple, ultraviolet, and white light that's produced by these LED growing lights. All these colors has different ranges of wavelength that can be adjusted or balanced for best results.